Outfits

Mystery And Masquerade

Ever just snap away with your camera and end up with photos you meant to write a million posts with, then forget to because you have a million other more interesting things to write about?

A frequent occurence for me.

I wrote about buying a Masquerade Mask for a party, what feels like centuries ago, and promised I would write about the whole outfit together. Then never did. So here it is now, photos dug up out of my external hard drive (that I dropped one too many times).

Broken External Hard Drive

Luckily, all files were retrievable! So yes, this was part of my delay.

Instead of wearing a black dress like I had planned, I wore a navy dress lined with a little black. I’m a girl ok, it’s part of our genetic makeup to change our minds everytime we think we’ve made it up!

Navy Dress

Dress was from Zara. I kept it quite simple because I always lose accessories when I start dancing. My secret superpower – randomly hurtling bangles, earrings and necklaces at all those around me. I was so relieved to come back with both my earrings in place.

Masquerade Mask

I really wanted to exaggerate my eyes, but it made me look scary so I decided against it. Mask is from Accessorize.

It was a great night, though it wasn’t much of a mystery because a) most of us knew each other and b) all masks came off after 10 minutes.

And I can’t show you photos of me dancing. I just can’t. I will never live it down.

Maybe one day. I rock Michael Jackson’s Thriller *laughs*.

RELATED POSTS YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:

Masquerade Mask
Blue and White Striped Shorts
Zara Waistcoat and Ruffle Top

February 6, 2011

Firstly, forget the photos, I think we need to see a video of you dancing. Teehee.
    Secondly, I love anything Michael Jackson. You’ve got good taste, my friend.
    Lastly, but by all means not least, looking great as usual. Loving that navy dress, it’s so cute. We only get to wear clothes like that for maybe one or two (if we’re lucky) hot months of the year here. Glad you had a great time!

February 6, 2011

A video would be totally hilarious lol. Though I think I would look back on it and cringe haha.

Thanks! My legs were freezing when we were outdoors, but when we were inside and started movin’ about then it was ok *grin*.

Nada

February 6, 2011

Hello!
    How are you? Your hair and dress are very pretty+the mask :) I haven’t checked your blog in a while but your posts are great! Loving the new haird do.Happy New Year! I sent you an ecard, not sure if you got it. Hope all is well dear.

February 6, 2011

Thank you, though I’m starting to miss my long hair and hope it grows out. Nope, nothing. But thanks for the thought anyhow. Hope all’s well with you too :)

February 6, 2011

“I’m a girl ok, it’s part of our genetic makeup to change our minds everytime we think we’ve made it up!”

Oh, that’s better than being too stubborn even if deep inside guys want to change some of their decisions too. ;)

February 6, 2011

Lol guys are stubborn alright. Especially about asking for directions ;).

February 6, 2011

i cant remember if you have shown us the black dress that you were planning to wear earlier but with this little navy dress i think you look adorable..oh, should i not use the word’adorable’ aiyah, never mind.. you are young, sweet looking girl so i’m sure you dont mind me using the word’adorable’ to describe you.

February 6, 2011

Oh no, changed my mind about the black dress lol. You’re so funny Lena ;). I don’t mind the word adorable lol!

February 7, 2011

Oh yes, that is a frequent occurence with me too! (One of the things I’ve been meaning to do for the longest time is clean out my photos file!) Such a pretty dress…and yes, it is definitely a girl’s right to change her mind! ;)

February 8, 2011

Lol. I bet you’ve got tons of great photos you’ve yet to show us :D. And thanks doll ;)

Ana

February 8, 2011

hi sharon,
    so i completely randomly somehow stumbled onto your blog, i think through someone’s facebook. and first of all, its great! but second of all i just wanted to say hi and maybe reconnect a bit? im not sure if you still have the same e-mail address or not so i figured i would just write this as a comment and hope that you got it. anyways, i feel bad that we lost touch and i know it was my fault because i really suck at emailing and i was caught up in my own little world for a long time. but a few people from my past have randomly sprung up and it made me think of you. so i hope everything’s going well for you! i’m living in london now actually. permanently, or well at least for the foreseeable future. add me on facebook if you want, you should be able to find me. would love to hear how you’re doing!
    Ana

February 8, 2011

Wow talk about a blast from the past! Lol. Great to hear from you Ana. Has been a while indeed! I’m great thanks, and glad to know you’re well too. No worries, I’m terrible at keeping in touch myself. I was just in London recently so wish I knew you were there, would’ve been nice to catch up! Perhaps another time :).