Outfits

Sporting A Waistcoat And New Hairstyle

I have always loved waistcoats, whether on girls or on guys. For some reason, it attracts me. It looks fantastic on some guys (not all can pull it off I think), and also looks great when coupled with a suit of the right cut. A black pin-striped Gucci suit I saw in London comes to mind. Smokin’ hot. If it works, a 3-piece suit is definitely the way to go.

In any case, what I wanted was a waistcoat for me. I’ve always wanted one but a) don’t know how to wear it and never thought I could pull it off, b) didn’t think it was “my style” and c) the ones I’ve seen look rather tacky and I’ve never seen one I looked at and thought ‘AHA! I found you!’.

That is of course until yesterday.

Zara Cropped Waistcoat
Back Detail
Button Detail

A cropped tweed waistcoat with a fitted and tailored cut. The light was quite bright when I took the above pictures – the colour is actually a darker brown. This is something I would normally never think to buy, but I figured it was time to add something a little different to my mess-stricken-full-of-century-old-outfits wardrobe. It’s from Zara (www.zara.com), one of my favourite stores.

Waistcoat

My sister said I shouldn’t have smiled because I’d look cooler and more “gangsta” – right now I just look cheesy.

The cheek. Always has to have an opinion! Though I think she is quite right. And next time, just a black tank top under the waistcoat might be nice. It was too cold today for that. Any other ideas on how to wear it?

Here’s a close-up of the necklace I was wearing because you can hardly see it in the photo. Is that gorgeous or is that gorgeous? I mean just look at the colours! Sometimes you’ve just gotta love the UK high street.

Peacock Pendant Necklace

You can buy this at Accessorize (www.accessorize.com). They ship to the USA and many other countries. So check it out! I got this awhile ago but they’ve got tons of other pretty things, and if you’re a girl, you can’t help but love it.

I also got a hair cut today. New hair, new waistcoat. Not a bad day *wink*.

RELATED POSTS YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:

Masquerade Mask
Drapeback Coast Top
Zara Waistcoat and Ruffle Top

January 14, 2011

hi sharon, that waistcoat is stylish and you look hip in that picture. how about a matching tube underneath the waistcoat with tight fitting pants??

January 14, 2011

You’re a little miss fashionista! ;) What a great idea! Can’t wait to try that out now :D.

January 14, 2011

Who’s that hottie styling the cute waistcoat? ;-)
    You’ve got great style, Sharon! I love the outfit you put together. The hat was a nice touch as well. Unfortunately fashion and I are not great friends so sorry, no great advice from me. The only thing I could come up with is a long slender black dress and maybe a daring white dress coat. See, I told you fashion and I weren’t great friends.

January 14, 2011

LOL LeQuan you are always the cutest! I like the sounds of the white dress coat! Shh, don’t tell anyone, but the hat was stolen from my sister haha!

PS
    How rude of me, I love your hair too! It’s a great look on you. Must feel lighter now huh? ;-)

January 14, 2011

Thanks! :D My sister said it made my head look huge haha. But yes, totally feels lighter. Though I’m still used to washing my long hair, so when I wash my hair now, I get to the ends and wonder “Hey! Where’s the rest of my hair!”. Then I remember it was all snipped off lol.

January 14, 2011

sharon you look tremendously fabulous in the outfit and not to mention your hair! i love it!

January 14, 2011

Thanks girl! The hair was a huge change so I’m glad it turned out well! haha

Elin

January 14, 2011

Sharon…you got the best smile ! And I like that waistcoat…look smart on you :) Zara..such an expensive brand over here :(

January 14, 2011

Thanks Elin! Oh is it really? Some things can be quite expensive actually, but definitely check out their sales because you can find really good deals sometimes. I should know, I love sale season ;) haha.

Uncle Lee

January 14, 2011

Hello Sharon, I must say you have classy tastes in fashions. Wayyyy to go!
    I too think it looks nice on a lady. Maybe in slacks or jeans too.
    You have fun and keep a song in your heart. Best regards, Lee.

January 14, 2011

Hello! Thanks for dropping by and for leaving a kind comment :). I was wearing jeans there but black slacks would be a good idea I think!

January 14, 2011

You look gorgeous, Sharon, what a pretty haircut! I love the waistcoat on you, and that back detail is very cute! And the necklace is tres chic…love it!

January 14, 2011

Thanks Faith! I love that necklace too :D. Never tried the waistcoat so thought to give it a go!

January 14, 2011

Sharon you look so chic with that outfit. :-))

Thanks Angie! :)

January 14, 2011

You are one rocking chick! Finally, a familiar topic on which I can at least make some remotely intelligible comments. (As you know that I am clueless about cooking. Yourself and Everyone here seem to be so talented and brilliant at cooking & baking. Making me hungry and useless!)

Not everyone could pull off a waist coat though, especially people with an “apple shaped” body (as the waist coat tends to highlight & nip in at the waist).
    That waist coat certainly looks good on you and goes perfectly with that hat.

Needless to say, both your previous long locks and your current hair style look good.

XOXO Peh Sun

January 14, 2011

Girl, you always make intelligent comments :). And if you’ve seen how half my food has turned out, cooking is hardly a brilliant talent of mine!

You are so right about it not being suitable for the “apple shaped” body. Spoken like a true expert fashionista :D. Boy am I glad you didn’t think it was a fashion disaster! Like how my favourite boots looked like a furry animal I ran over ;) haha. Definitely have much to learn from you!

XOXO

Esther

January 15, 2011

Thanks for visiting my blog Sharon! Also, I love your outfit. You look so pretty and your haircut totally suits you. Do you miss your long hair? :) I love how the waistcoat has a little bow on the back, it’s sooo cute.

January 16, 2011

Oh hi again! Yup, I love what you’ve got on your blog. Especially snickerdoodles ;) haha. I love it lol. And thanks! It was a different look I was going for (I never wear hats). I do miss my hair actually. I’ll wash or comb it and wonder where the rest of it went! Still have to get used to the length :).

Kristi Rimkus

January 17, 2011

Very cute! The coat and the picture!

January 17, 2011