Misadventures

So Much For A Lazy Day

I’ve been missing in action from the blogging world for the past few days, but you’ll be glad to hear I haven’t completely fallen off the planet (or maybe not *grin*). It has just been one of those weekends where I wake up at 6:30 a.m., get home at 7:30 p.m., have dinner, shower then straight to bed at 9:00. A whole weekend of training can leave a girl feeling completely zonked out, but I shall save that story for another day.

I’m normally a bounce-out-of-bed, hum-a-good-tune, glad-that-it’s-morning person. But I decided Monday should be reserved entirely for a little R&R, considering I’ve been waking up the past couple of days looking like this.

Roll-Out-Of-Bed Hair

Can’t you just see this new trend of a hairstyle sweep across the nation?

I was having a fabulous time lounging in my old and faded comfortable sweatpants, allowing my muscles to recuperate when Miss Early-Bird-Catches-The-Worm-Mom calls. “Let’s go for a walk! Just a short one, I need the exercise”. What? A walk?! Not only did I not feel like peeling my bum off my very comfortable couch but this was coming from the woman who would say a 5-minute walk from one mall to another was “a ridiculous marathon”!

I finally decided to go along because I needed some fresh air (plus I thought she would turn back after 3 minutes).

It lasted three hours. And along the way, we only popped into her points of interest. By that I mean two shops that sell cooking ware, which in my mind is the most boring place on earth. A pan is a pan, is a pan, is still just a pan. Plus she already has a zillion, half of which are still new and unused. But what did we end up buying (among other things)?

ANOTHER pan.

We were so tired and hungry after our 3-hour “hike” that we popped our stomachs into McDonald’s. And completely defeated the purpose of going for a walk in the first place by devouring double cheeseburgers with large fries. I won’t lie, it tasted good.

As we walked back, it started raining on top of the cold and the wind! This is Aberdeen we’re talking about. I got home, changed back into my old sweatpants and curled up with a good book on my couch.

I should never have left!

Gorgeousglam

January 25, 2011

Oh my goodness that is too funny! I’ve done this, gone out for exercise only to go and eat junk! Well I’m not saying you ate junk lol but mc donalds taste like heaven when you’re hungry doesn’t it! Especially those fries!!xo

January 25, 2011

Haha I’m with you girl, McDonald’s is not the healthiest of options. But definitely tastes great when you’re hungry! :)

January 25, 2011

Sharon, I go MIA from the blogging world a lot. Mostly cause my kiddies, but lately it’s been because of A LOT of shoveling. Our snow piles are about 6 ft high now and I’m only 5 ft. Big ARGH!
    I’m glad you were able to peel yourself off the couch. You don’t know it now, but you’ll look back on this one day and will be glad you got to spend 3 precious hrs with your mommy dear, even if it was cookware shopping ;). Oh, and yes, we really do need that many pans. Lol. Let’s just say, someday when you’re a mom you’ll understand. And what do pans and motherhood have to do with eachother? Well….someday my dear, someday. Teehee. I’m sure Mary will be smiling right now ;-)
    By the way, don’t let blogging rule your life. Take that time you need to relax and rest. Blogging will always be here :-D

January 25, 2011

I’m so jealous of all your snow!! I had a friend in Canada once who told me her and her friends would sled off the roof because of all the snow you get lol.

This must be an inside knowledge within the motherhood circle type of thing haha.

You’re so right, I should just relax and enjoy it. If it becomes a chore, that’s when I’ll want to pull my hair out lol.

Quay Po Cooks

January 25, 2011

Sharon, lequan is right. You will know when become a mummy someday:D I also agree with her that Blogging should be a pleasure not a pressure! Have nice week my dear.

January 25, 2011

Haha I guess you know when you’re a mom when you have a million pans huh? ;). Hope you have a great week too!

Squeeze The Pug

January 25, 2011

Lol. You’re so funny. But you still look good despite just rolling out of bed. =P

January 25, 2011

Hardly! That is one messy mane of a head! Lol.

January 26, 2011

Too funny! I’m glad you got to spend time with your mom, despite being bored at the shops. And I’ll be honest, a double cheeseburger sounds pretty delicious right about now! :)

January 26, 2011

Haha thanks Faith! There are times when a double cheeseburger just hits the spot ;)

Esther

January 26, 2011

What book did you read afterward? Do you like reading a lot? I can’t force myself to exercise so I sure would love to go on a walk that turned into 3 hours hahaa. McDonalds, you just have to love it. XD

January 26, 2011

I bought “The Other Boleyn Girl” by Phillippa Gregory, which I’ve been meaning to read for ages. Yup, I love to read quite a lot :). I’m the same, sometimes you just feel so lazy but it always feels good afterwards!

*McDonald’s tune* I’m lovin’ it!

Esther

January 28, 2011

I’ve seen that book, but it didn’t really interest me. Maybe I’ll look at it again. Sometimes I see a book and it doesn’t catch my attention, but months later or even years later, I find myself reading that exact book and enjoying it. :)

Yup, I totally agree.

January 28, 2011

Have you seen the movie? You might want to read the book then :). I’m the same so I totally get you haha.

• Esther

January 30, 2011

No, I didn’t see it, but I heard about it/saw the advertisements. I think I’ll look at the book summary again and maybe I’ll read it. I’ll tell you if I do. :D

• Sharon Moh

January 31, 2011

Sure thing ;). Hope you like it if you decide to pick it up one day!

January 26, 2011

what training are you going thru? oh yes, you will need those pans eventually when you’re more to baking and cooking. all those different sizes, deep and shallow ones, round and squre tins, springform ones, the list goes on..it’s good that you dont have to buy it now or later cos you can just take those from mary’s kitchen.

January 27, 2011

Professional development and also to increase my fitness level lol. That is one pretty long list! And yes, it’d be great to steal them from her kitchen when the day comes that I need them haha.

Lazaro

January 26, 2011

Do we need so many pans? Yes, yes we do. What were you reading by the way?

Love the just rolled out of bed look, very serious.

January 27, 2011

Thanks Lazaro, though I would probably get some weird looks if I walked out the house like that lol. I knew you of all people would have every single type of pan ever invented in your kitchen :). Apart from stalking other bloggers’ archives, I was reading Phillippa Gregory’s ‘The Other Boleyn Girl’. Great book. If you love historical fiction.

January 27, 2011

I am definitely too old for that hair style.:-))

January 27, 2011

Say whaaat? Of course not Angie! :)

January 28, 2011

That hairstyle is timeless. :)

January 28, 2011

LOL. I like how you put that Jenn. Haha :)

Susan

January 28, 2011

you’ve only looked like that rolling out of bed for the last couple of days? try the last 20 years (that I can remember) :P

January 28, 2011

What are you talking about missy. I normally roll out of bed looking fresh with perfect untangled hair :P.

Susan

January 28, 2011

yeah you wish :P ‘I’ am the one who rolls out of bed with perfect and untangled hair :P you roll out of bed looking like a gorilla :P

January 28, 2011