Food

Falls of Feugh Restaurant & Tearoom

Every once in a while, you stumble into a restaurant that simply deserves to be shouted about. And one of them is the Falls of Feugh Restaurant & Tearoom, a beautiful gem tucked away in the little town of Banchory. It’s located next to the River Dee where you can also see salmon jumping at the right season.

River Dee

It’s great in the summer because we would go for a long walk then head to the restaurant for some lunch. And in the winter, it’s great for taking lots of photos of the snow!

Their menu is fantastic. And what’s special is that they change their menu EVERYDAY. So every single time you head to the restaurant, you’ll have a completely different experience. They have some things that don’t change, like their jacket potatoes and sandwiches. And I always order the same thing (their Cajun Chicken Jacket Potato), so I can’t really write about their other foods. It’s a bad habit – once I find a dish I absolutely love in a restaurant, I hardly (or never) venture out to try anything else.

Cajun Chicken Jacket Potato

It’s a must try. And always add some salt and pepper and LOTS of butter. De. Li. Cious. And I don’t know what they put in their salad dressing but it is oh-so-good.

I tried some of their butternut squash soup once, which was really good too. But because the menu changes daily, I’ve never been able to try it again. I suppose that’s the down side of a changing menu. Service is normally quite good. The interior is very quaint and Britishly decorated, which I like. I always think a restaurant’s decoration should reflect the type of food they serve. They also have tables on a little balcony outside that overlooks the river, which is simply splendid in the summer! That said, summers here are not great so you might still find it too cold to sit outside.

Falls of Feugh Interior

I stole the next photo from their website because I don’t have a photo of the restaurant itself (I hope they don’t mind!).

Falls of Feugh Restaurant & Tearoom

Gorgeous ain’t it?

Ok it looks small from the front, but it extends quite far back. Check out their website for a virtual tour!

January 28, 2011

this place looks so lovely and welcoming. the best thing about menus that change daily is that you know the food will be fresh. then again like you said, it’s hard to order what you want again cause it may not be there the next time you visit. like i always, say, “you win some, you lose some”. i’m glad you enjoyed your food there. it seems like quite a romantic place also to be able to sit on their balcony and watch the fish jumping. thanks for sharing dear.

January 28, 2011

It is actually very romantic there. Quite a popular place for wedding receptions too. :)

January 28, 2011

this is indeed beautiful! thanks for sharing! Sharon you are not baking any cookies?

January 28, 2011

I’m sooo sorry Jess! I’ve been meaning too but been quite busy. And I couldn’t decide what to make! But I know what I’m going to make now and will get it done today :D. Hope it turns out though, because I’ve never made them before lol.

Biren @ Roti n Rice

January 28, 2011

Quaint and lovely place! I really enjoy going to tearooms although they are few and far in between. Great place to spend a leisurely afternoon.

January 28, 2011

Oh definitely! Real cosy too :)

Esther

January 28, 2011

That sounds like a great place to go to get food. Yummy descriptions! Such a quaint looking place. :)

About reading, I really like the book Shopaholic (it’s a really cute and funny chick lit). I also like reading Nicholas Sparks, Jodi Piccoult, and much more. Historical fiction books that I have read and loved include books by Gail Tsukiyama and Memoirs of a Geisha. You probably notice a trend in the books I read. :) What are your favorite books?

January 28, 2011

I love historical fiction but haven’t heard of Gail Tsukiyama. Will have to pick that up sometime. Sounds like a Japanese one? Shopaholic is real funny, I like reading that too. A total chick flick lol. Though I don’t pick it up for a second read as much as other books.

Hmm favourites? That’s a tough one. I like Dan Brown. Jed Rubenfeld “The Interpretation of Murder” is a great one that I love – very psychological with Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung in the story. My latest favourite that I finished reading not too long ago is “The Good Earth” by Pearl S. Buck. This one I REALLY recommend. It’s fiction but interestingly very accurate about the Chinese culture and mindset.

Esther

January 30, 2011

Yup! As a person who isn’t crazy about historical fiction, I really really enjoyed reading her books. They’re really exciting and descriptive. Did you know that there is a new Shopaholic book? I can’t wait to read that one. :D

I never read this books before. I heard of Sigmund Freud though because I took psychology before. I’ll look into those books. Btw, I love how we keep on replying….the chain of replies is growing longer and longer, haha.

January 31, 2011

I looove historical fiction, so I’ll probably be picking it up. Thanks for recommending! I bet the new Shopaholic would be hilarious!

Haha I know right! I love it too, it’s not everyday I meet someone who loves to read as much as me! And I love finding out about new books that I ought to be reading :)

• Esther

February 7, 2011

You’re welcome. :D and I bet it will..

I was known as a bookworm when I was little haha. Wow, it’s getting difficult to keep track of all the little replies we’re leaving each other.

• Sharon Moh

February 7, 2011

Lol I know right haha. I keep forgetting which post I replied on lol. I need a chatbox on my sidebar or something haha.

January 28, 2011

suah a lovely place, it’s beautiful and the interior looks so homely…it makes it all so cosy. I’m just imagining myself sitting at the balcony and enjoying the view and dream!

January 28, 2011

Like a little fairytale cottage isn’t it? It’s gorgeous and just fantastic in the summer :)

Squeeze The Pug

January 28, 2011

I love this little tearoom in Falls of Feugh. Awhile back I made a similar blog entry too http://pehsun.blogspot.com/2010/09/high-on-tea.html

I have been back to that place almost a dozen times now and every single time I am totally amazed by that Strawberry laden tearoom.

January 28, 2011

Oh definitely! Great place for some great food in a cosy atmosphere. Can’t help but love it!

January 28, 2011

Love this place lots. When I go there, I don’t want to come out…haha. Come, let’s go! Maybe we can go for lunch and through tea time :D

January 28, 2011

Ok, don’t know if we can eat for so long lol. :)

January 28, 2011

The tea house looks really great :-)) The photo of “Cajun Chicken Jacket Potato” is not available for me….

January 28, 2011

Oh really? I have no idea why that happens. Thanks for letting me know! It works on my computer but my mom often has problems with my photos :(. Will have to try and figure out what is wrong…might you know?

Gourmande

January 29, 2011

That seems to be a fairy tale house. I wish I was there.

January 29, 2011

You’re welcome to visit ;) haha

Patrina

January 29, 2011

Great blog and love that restaurant!

January 29, 2011

Thanks! It’s definitely a great place to eat!