Outfits

A Blue And White Obsession

I love blue and white stripes. Thick or thin, horizontal or vertical, I just love it. If I see any clothes with blue and white stripes, chances are, I’ll probably buy it even if I never wear it. There isn’t anything particularly fashionable about blue and white stripes, it’s not special, it’s not unique, it’s just a quirky thing I like with no explainable reason! If anyone wants to sell me anything, all they have to do is put blue and white stripes on it and I’ll probably buy your entire stock!

I had some free time over the weekend so I decided to clean out my closet, also known as a Deep Dark Hole of Shame. I had faded and worn out clothes from 10 years ago, horrid horrid unthinkable-tacky-tops that I once thought “fashionable”, and not to mention my unredeemable whites that have been dyed dirty when a coloured sock (or two) found its way into the washing machine at the same time. Out they all came and into the recycling bin they went.

It was in the midst of my Mission Organize Wardrobe that I realized how much I actually loved blue and white stripes. I think it’s becoming quite a problem.

Blue and White Stripes

Bag, shoes, cardigan, t-shirt, tank top, dress. I even pilfered a shirt (the one with the hanger) from Zara Man because it had blue and white stripes! I later also found a pair of trousers with vertical blue and white stripes. Is that going too far?!

Then I found this.

Blue and White Striped Shorts

I remember this fondly because it was bought on impulse at Republic (and I never shop there). I’m not a size 6 either, the cut was just oversized. Why did I buy it? Because it had blue and white stripes! Did I wear it? NEVER (except for trying it on to make sure it fits). Why not? Because it’s far too short and I’d feel incredibly self-conscious. The shortest I ever go is just above my knees. Unless I’m going swimming but that’s an entirely different situation. Why did I make sure something fits me, buy it, then never wear it? I’m stumped myself, there is NO logic to my thought processes where blue and white stripes are concerned.

I felt guilty for wasting money like that, so to make myself feel better, I decided to wear it at least one time.

Blue and White Shorts

I wore an oversized cardigan (from Republic too) cinched in with a leather belt from Zara (or I’d look like a whale). The scarf was for a splash of colour and those boots are my most favourite in the world that I’ve had for years. In the world of fashion, that is probably the most unfashionable thing to do, but I’ve never been one to follow the trends and when you love something, you just love it.

The front door was as far as I got. Because I turned back and decided to put on jeans instead. I know, I deserved to be boo-ed at.

Jeans Instead

At least I wore them once. Even if I only walked 2 feet in them. And I apologize for all my photos having sunglasses – the winter sun is too glaring and I always forget them otherwise. I tried not to smile because my sister thinks it’s cheesy but I think this is worse!

The necklace is from Accessorize. It looked quite antique-y which I love. It’s when you find things like this that you love UK high street fashion.

Heart Pendant Necklace

A bit of a Sharon quirk to take away with you if you ever have a belt that is too long for you. Wind it round a couple of times and tuck the end into it. You might not like it but it’s something I always do – I like the knotted look. But don’t listen to me, I’m no fashionista and I make the rules up as I go along.

Zara Belt

As for the rest of my clothes with blue and white stripes? Don’t worry, I never wear them all at once!

Can you imagine what a sight that would be?

Kasia

January 18, 2011

Thank you so much for your super sweet comments! :)
    Great pictures and you’ve shown some lovely items. And you’re very very pretty!

January 24, 2011

Oops! Sorry your comment went into my spambox. Happens sometimes with links. But thanks!

Fanny

January 18, 2011

you look lovely with your striped short match with the scarf, very cute.
    about the stripes, i like it to, i think it is a boat marine style.
    but sometimes you have to pay attention if the stripes are horizontal or vertical, it makes u huge different to look thinner or bigger.
    but in your case you don’t need to pay attention. you are great! x

January 19, 2011

Thank you Miss Fashion Mom ;). I would agree, vertical is definitely more elongating.

Gorgeousglam

January 18, 2011

I went through a huge stripe phase last summer and I’m sure I’ll go through another one this!! i can’t get enough!

January 19, 2011

Haha, glad to know I’m not the only one! Thanks for dropping by :)

January 19, 2011

Guess what.. I think I got the exact blue white stripe jacket from River Island on your first picture. =P

January 19, 2011

You mean the cardi? The darker blue with white stripes? It’s from Monsoon actually :). Would love to see this River Island jacket of yours. Careful I don’t steal it ;) haha

January 19, 2011

You are too funny Sharon! I really like that tank top with the red stripes – tres cute! Your outfit looks great even if you never made it past the front doors. Smiling brightens up the picture too. It’d be ashame to waste a beautiful smile like that. So I like the smiling picture more. That necklace reminds me of your mask. Bet it would go well together. I have the same unexplainable obsession for Superman shirts. Believe it or not, I have at least 25 different ones…sigh.

January 19, 2011

Oh that’s the dress! :D. Comes with a belt that has red and white stripes. Will definitely keep smiling then haha ;). And thanks for reminding me! I meant to write a post about my masquerade outfit. And what a great idea! I never thought of putting necklace and mask together. I should wear it again with the necklace this time. So funny about the Superman shirts lol. Think we’d get to see a display on your blog sometime? ;)

January 20, 2011

Oh, yes, now I see the dress. Didn’t notice it was tucked underneath. Still cute though. Would love to hear how your masquerade party went. Re: superman shirts, maybe, just maybe. Trying to fit all 25 in would be a challenge ;-)

January 20, 2011

It was good fun! But my camera died halfway through the night because I forgot to charge the battery! I have the photo of my outfit and I’m gonna try it on again with the necklace like you mentioned, I love it when people think of things that I don’t :D

claire

January 19, 2011

hello..my first time coming by.. yes, your posts are interesting and hilarious..

January 19, 2011

Thanks Claire, I could say the same to you :)

Yuen Thern

January 19, 2011

Someone’s looking fancy these days uh! Guess what!? I’ve got my new toy!

January 19, 2011

Just so so haha. Oh WOW you finally got it!! That’s awesome!! What model did you get? Have you been taking many photos? Would love to see them :D. Wait you’re talking about your new camera right? lol

Yuen Thern

January 19, 2011

yup got a nikon D7000. Havent been playing much with it. So busy with work, its crazy.

January 20, 2011

A Nikon eh? We can no longer be friends :P. Just kidding lol. I just had to say that with the whole Canon vs. Nikon thing. Thats a pretty good camera actually, hope you’ve been getting some use out of it! And keeping up with the photography! Work sounds hectic over there, hope you don’t get too stressed about it! Unwind by shooting some good pictures :)

January 19, 2011

I think you pull of the blue and white strips gorgeously! Your boots are beautiful too, I can definitely see why they’re your fav. And I agree with you about fashion — if you love something you just love it, no explanation needed!

January 19, 2011

Thanks Faith :). Everyone definitely has their own sense of style which is an essence of who they are – no need for explanations haha.

January 19, 2011

sharon, i think you look simply gorgeous in that shorts..maybe you are not used to wearing that but if it looks good on you, why not wearing that? you wld still be wearing a tights anyway, From the picture, i dont really think it’s really short as long as you’re not revealing your butts out.but still, you got to feel comfortable with what you are wearing..trust me, you look good with that!

January 20, 2011

Lena, you are so right. And it definitely doesn’t look so showy with tights. Oh gosh no, certainly don’t want any butt showing!! Haha! Thanks Lena, I think I probably will wear it out one day :)

Heavenly Housewife

January 19, 2011

You look so cute in those shorts, I definitely dont think I’d be able to pull that off until I loose like 15 pounds :O
    *kisses* HH

January 20, 2011

Girl I’m sure you could ;).

January 23, 2011

“there is NO logic to my thought processes where blue and white stripes are concerned.”

Love is really illogical, isn’t it?

You have a cool “obsession” though.

By the way, I know now how Pam immediately knew that I blogged about her book. Probably she’s using google alerts. Just learned it from here: http://deirdrereid.com/2010/10/12/social-media-brand-reputation-monitoring/

January 24, 2011

Haha, thanks Jenn. Though I think it’s more weird than cool lol.

Oh that’s some smart use of technology! I never even knew about it. Now that’s cool.

January 27, 2011

Weird is cool. :)

January 27, 2011

At least for me. haha. Webster doesn’t agree though.

• Sharon Moh

January 27, 2011

Haha I’ll agree with that! ;)

January 24, 2011

you looks great with those short, i could never imagine myself taking it off so beautifully…:)

January 24, 2011

Thanks! I should probably start wearing them more :)

January 24, 2011

You are such a beauty! Zara belt looks really nice.

January 24, 2011

Thanks Angie! :)

Susan

January 28, 2011

Excuse me, but is that not MY white jacket? and MY oversized cardigan, and MY new heart pendant necklace (which I’m wearing it out tomorrow night for the first time by the way ;) :P ) bet those are my tights too? :P jk!

Sisters… they just steal ur clothes when u’re not there ;) you’ll be shocked to see your empty closet when you come home :D :P <3

January 28, 2011

I know haha. And I bought that necklace for you too! Lol. I didn’t wear it out dearie, just in the house. Though I did steal the jacket :P.

My closet better still be there!

Susan

January 28, 2011

yeah huh … *rolls eyes* well, being the nicest sister in the world, i permit you to wear that jacket out :P i need to get it dry-cleaned soon anyway… theres make-up stains a little on the collar part :(

dont worry I’ll have it all empty by the time you come home ;)

January 28, 2011

Huh. Didn’t see any make up stains so I thought you cleaned it already.

You wouldn’t dare ;)

nannan

March 7, 2011

I quite like your boots~
    And the pictures of all your necklaces are so impressive!

March 8, 2011