I went to Wagamama for the first time recently and really liked the Chilli Chicken Ramen that I ordered. Although I thought it could do with more zing. So I thought to try and cook it, and cook it better (I hear voices telling me to take my head out of the clouds). Is there no end to my illusions of grandeur? Anyways, with the blizzard going on here, something hot and soupy would hit the spot just right. My digestive juices are doing somersaults as we speak.
Onwards to the cooking!
Chilli Chicken Marinade
2 chicken legs, de-boned and de-skinned
2 tbsp Korean chilli paste
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp soy sauce
Ramen Chilli Sauce
1 tbsp Korean chilli paste
2 tbsp hot chilli sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp sugar
2L fresh chicken stock (homemade or store-bought)
Sliced spring onion
1 red onion, thinly sliced
2 red chillis, sliced
1 grated carrot
- Marinade the chicken and leave aside at least 2 hours beforehand.
- Mix all ingredients for the Ramen Chilli Sauce and put aside. You can make a lot more and keep it in the fridge for future use.
- Put chicken stock to boil.
- Chop and slice ingredients for Garnishings.
- Stir-fry grated carrots and mushroom with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill or pan fry the Chilli Chicken.
- Boil noodles to cook.
- Put 1 tbsp of the Ramen Chilli Sauce in a bowl. Mix in soup base and the noodles.
- Place all garnishings on top. Slice the grilled or pan fried chicken and place in bowl.
- Enjoy eating!
Here’s what I had at Wagamama:
Here’s what I made at home:
Is it terrible to say I liked mine better?
Even if my chicken is not as neatly sliced.
And I completely left out the bean sprouts because I forgot about them. If you want to, you could also add some boiled bean sprouts to the noodles.
You May Also Like: