I’ve never had stuffed peppers before but I always thought they looked so good. So I decided to try making them today. From scratch. Without a recipe. I see you’re looking worried. But it actually turned out pretty good. I’ve seen some in the store where the peppers are ready-stuffed and topped with cheese. I’m not a fan of cheese so I didn’t use any, but you could definitely do so.
Peppers of assorted colours
450g turkey mince
1 grated carrot
1 diced onion
Diced spring onion
6 tbsp Kikoman soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp corn flour
Dash of white ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Place grated carrot and diced onion and spring onion in a bowl.
- Add in turkey mince, soy sauce, sesame oil, corn flour and ground pepper. Mix well with a spoon (or your hands if you prefer). Don’t you just love how good that smells?
- Halve and de-seed peppers.
- Stuff peppers with the meat.
- Place stuffed peppers on a tray and put into oven for 20-25 minutes, ensuring meat is fully cooked.
- Serve with a side salad.
I had this for lunch, and it was good! I would tell you if it wasn’t. There’s of course quite a bit of turkey mince left over, but I’ll be using it to make other dishes so do check back!
This is what I call time-saving versatility. Something all lazy chefs love.
As always, I welcome any comments and suggestions!