Miscellaneous

My Little Sis

My sister and I were dubbed the “Moh Chicks” by those who rolled in our hood (excuse my lame attempt at sounding ghetto). People think we look like twins but we are complete opposites. As far as similarities go, the only thing we had in common are that we’re both girls and we have the same parents. She was sporty, outdoor-sy, loud, tomboyish, loved football and enjoyed all things that I didn’t. I was indoor-sy, girly, enjoyed shopping, played the piano, and loved to read. But we still master-minded many a mischief, and despite getting into lots of trouble over the years (we always got caught!), I love that little chickadee to bits.

Giant Big Sister Hugs

I still love you THIS much. And there is no escaping me.

My baby sister
Tale teller
Room messer
Junk food provider
Secret non-keeper
Closet raider
Chocolate hoarder
Non-stop talker
Personal driver
Mischief partner
Ultimately, my best friend.

“God made us sisters, life made us friends.”

January 10, 2011

LOL….love that photo…one with a mischievous look and one with a shocked look! My gosh….thinking of both of you, it’s a miracle I survived….phew….haha. But both of you sure kept me very slim :D Forever little darlings in my heart!! Hugs. Mom.

January 11, 2011

I bet you took this picture haha. She looks so shocked and surprised it’s so funny. It’s like she’s trying desperately to escape my clutches! Big big hugs.

January 10, 2011

Loved this post, Sharon! That is such a sweet thing to do a post on your little sister. My kiddies have almost the exact picture, where one is smiling and the other is in shock. You guys are too cute in that picture. The last quote is SO true! Thank you for sharing this. I hope my kiddies will feel like this about each other when they’re older (even after all those many many fights haha).

January 11, 2011

I’m sure they definitely will. And I bet they look so cute with one in shock haha. Sometimes the thought of the Elmo costume comes to mind and it just makes me smile. Your kids are simply adorable!

LeQuan

March 4, 2011

kids in general are adorable. a big part of why i became a teacher. ironically though, my kids put my teaching career on hold, but id give up anything for them. i can continue my life again when they grow wings.

March 4, 2011

I’m SO of the same mind. My kids would totally come first for me…when I have them lol. I’d like to be able to stay home and spend a lot of time to teach them and invest in their lives. The result would be priceless and I think there’s nothing more important. Even if we’ll miss them like crazy when they spread their wings :).

• LeQuan

March 11, 2011

my kids are only allowed to grow wings. i didn’t say anything about spreading them and flying ;-). you will be a great mom one day, i just know it. your kiddies will have so much fun with you, you little monkey.

Susan

January 18, 2011

Your personal driver? :O yeah, that’s the last time I drive you around anymore :P JK! and yes, you are my best friend too :) and I can so keep secrets now!

January 18, 2011

You love to drive, so I let you! :D Your secret keeping skills have much improved indeed. Remember your nicknames – Reporter and Loudspeaker? ;) haha